Are you following a low FODMAP diet and find it hard to cook some hearty, home cooked meals this winter?
This recipe turns the classic Shepard’s Pie into a delicious FODMAP friendly dish that the whole family can enjoy!
• 1 tablespoon garlic oil
• 1 bunch spring onions, green part only, chopped
• 500g lamb mince
• 2 carrots, diced
• 1 cup green beans, chopped
• 2 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 cups Massel’s reduced salt stock (beef or vegetable)
• 1 tablespoon tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
• 1kg potatoes
• ¼ cup lactose free milk
• ½ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
• Preheat oven to 180C
• Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add in the potatoes
• Cook until tender
• Drain the potatoes and put in a large bowl with the milk and mash until smooth.
• Heat the garlic oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat
• Add the lamb mince. Stir and cook until nicely browned
• Add the spring onions, carrot, green beans and tomato and cook for a further 2 minutes
• Pour in stock, add bay leaf and rosemary and mix through
• Pour the entire mixture into an oven proof baking dish
• Spread the mashed potato evenly over the top of the mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs
• Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until nicely golden brown. If the top is getting too brown, cover with foil.
• Serve with a fresh green salad.