Paleo, low fat, vegan, kilojoule counting…which diet is best for weight loss?
- Learn more about weight management by joining our free webinar
- Optimise appetite hormones to control your weight
- Compassionate consultations available in person or via Skype
- Undertake a state-of-the-art body composition analysis to understand your metabolism
- Medicare rebates available for those eligible
- Health Insurance rebates available for those eligible
- See Melanie or one of her personally trained Accredited Practising Dietitians
How to Achieve and Maintain a Healthy Body Weight
“I gain weight as soon as I look at a slice of cake, but my partner can eat whatever he likes and never gains a gram”
For some people, weight management is a lifelong battle. Melanie McGrice and her team understand. They specialise in providing the nutritional guidance and compassionate support that can help people manage their weight.
More and more people desperately need that help.
Weight management in Australia
Unless you’ve been out of the country for the past century, you’ll know that weight management has become a significant issue in Australia:
- Australasia experienced the biggest rise in adult obesity since 1980 (from 16% to 29%) and the single largest increase in adult female obesity (from 17% to 30%) globally
- One in every two women are overweight or obese
- Weight-related Diabetes is the fastest growing chronic condition in Australia
- 15% of Australian women are on a diet at any one time.
Yet we all know that fad diets simply result in yo yo dieting and weight regain.
Nutrition, Hormones, Weight and Health
Unfortunately sometimes weight problems can become overwhelming, and the negative impact is far-reaching, including:
- Avoidance of social situations
- Feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Painful aches and joints
- Shortness of breath
- Increased medical conditions
- Increased doses of medications
Can anything be done?
Yes. As an Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Dietetics, and previous Board member of the Weight Management Council of Australia, Melanie has a wealth of knowledge and experience to help people with issues related to weight.
Having published several scientific papers in the field, Melanie and her team tackle weight management strategically. Melanie is known for saying that “there is no one size fits all diet when it comes to weight management”. It’s imperative that an Accredited Practising Dietitian undertakes a comprehensive assessment to determine the causes, then each of these need to be dealt with systematically. Genetics, metabolism, medications, medical conditions, mood, lifestyle, physical activity and of course, diet, can all play an important role in achieving long-lasting weight management.
Join Melanie’s 6 Week Weight Loss Academy
The only way to solve a problem is to understand its cause. If you struggle with your weight, join Melanie’s 6 Week Weight Loss Academy. You’ll learn:
- how your hormones impact your weight
- how to improve your metabolism by changing your diet
- foods which help to manage your weight
- tricks to achieve permanent weight loss
and much more
If your weight is keeping you from living life to the fullest, this is a good time to speak to an Accredited Practising Dietitian about ways good nutrition can improve your weight.
During your consultation, we will get to know you as a person, physically and emotionally. We will also demystify the confusing world of diet, appetite and weight and explain how diet impacts your metabolism. Together, we will custom-tailor an approach to eating to help you
- Master mindful eating
- Understand triggers that typically turn you to food
- Discover how hormones affect appetite and weight
- Reduce the need for medication
- Increase your energy levels
- Improve your health and wellbeing
These are the top questions on the minds of individuals visiting our nutrition and wellness centre in Melbourne to learn more about the effects of diet on weight and metabolism.
Can stress/anxiety affect my weight?
Yes. Cortisol is known as the “stress hormone” because it is released during times of high anxiety. It causes fat to build up around the midsection and is one of the primary reasons that people with stress have trouble maintaining their weight. This is why calorie counting alone doesn’t always work.
How do I manage food cravings?
There are many strategies you can use to control cravings. Maintaining a level blood sugar through good nutrition is a great place to start.
What can I do to improve my metabolism?
Your genetics have the greatest impact upon your metabolism, but your muscle mass, exercise and eating frequency can also play a role. Start by ensuring that you’re eating enough protein each day to help optimise your muscle mass.
What else can I do to help me control my weight?
Exercise is another great weapon against weight. Start by tracking your steps and aim to increase by another thousand each week.
Why do I always regain weight?
Our weight is strongly impacted by hormones. When you lose weight, your body’s hormones work to make you regain it again. To lose weight permanently, your body has to learn a new ‘set point’.
As seen in
Get nutritious recipes
straight into your inbox!
Send your details now to receive Melanie’s recipes designed around a range of dietary needs including improved fertility, weight loss, general heath and wellbeing through improved nutrition. Receive the recipes specific to your needs.