One of my favourite comfort foods as the nights start to get cooler is the classic Apple Crumble. I love the health benefits of apples and oats but better still it fills the house with the sweet aromas of cinnamon and spices.
It’s so simple to make! Why not try and see for yourself with this weeks ‘Crunchy Apple Crumble’ recipe. I guarantee it will satisfy anyone’s taste buds!
• 4 sliced apples
• 1 cup rolled oats
• ¼ cup apple juice
• 2 tbsp macadamia oil
• 1/3 cup wholemeal flour
• 1 ½ cups low fat vanilla yoghurt
• ½ cup sliced strawberries
• 1 tsp mixed spice
• 2tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts
• Pre-heat oven to 160ºC.
• Place sliced apple and mixed spice in a baking dish with foil to cover and bake for 15-20 minutes.
• Place the oats, oil, flour, cinnamon and juice in the food processor.
• Process for 10 seconds or until crumbly.
• Add walnuts to mixture and spoon over the apples.
• Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes, or until crisp.
• Spoon apple crumble into 2 bowls and top with vanilla yoghurt and sliced strawberries.