Want a quick, healthy and delicious way to incorporate more fruit into your diet?
This week’s recipe – “Blueberry Muffins” – ticks all those boxes. They only take 15 minutes to make, they are packed full of antioxidants and they taste delightful! What more could you want? Oh, did I mention they are also great for an on-the-go snack!
• 1 cup (160g) ripe blueberries
• 4 teaspoons brown sugar
• 1 cup (140g) wholemeal self-raising flour
• 1 cup (140g) white self-raising flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 egg
• ½ cup (125ml) low fat berry yoghurt
• 1 cup (250ml) skim or low-fat milk
• Lightly grease muffin tins or line with patty pans.
• Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
• Add in the egg, yoghurt and milk and blend until smooth.
• Gently fold blueberries into mixture.
• Spoon mixture into muffin tins, and bake in a preheated 210C oven for 15 – 20 minutes until firm and very lightly browned.
Did you know?
• Using reduced fat milk and yoghurt is a great substitute for the oil and butter that would be in a traditional muffin recipe.
• These muffins are a great dessert or snack option.
• Try using raspberries for something different.