Like a bit of heat? Spice up tonight’s dinner with a hit of chilli in a veggie packed stir-fry.
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
· 1 garlic clove, finely diced
· 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely diced
· Squeeze of lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
· ½ red chilli, finely diced
· 200g chicken breast fillets, diced
· 2 teaspoons sesame oil
· 1 tablespoon raw cashew nuts
· 1 small brown onion, diced
· 60g green beans
· ½ small red capsicum, diced
· 1 bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
· 1 bunch broccolini, roughly chopped
· 1 cup baby corn
· ¼ cup Thai basil leaves, torn
· 8 stems coriander, roughly chopped to serve
Put the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, lemon juice and chilli in a bowl and sti8r to combine. Place the chicken in a plastic freezer bag, tip in the sauce and leave to marinate for a few hours.
Add the oil to a wok and swirl to coat. Heat the wok over high heat until hot and stir-fry the cashews for 3-4 minutes, or until toasted. Remove from the wok and transfer to a plate. Add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until browned. Reserve leftover marinade.
Add the onion, beans, capsicum, bok choy, corn and broccolini. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until the beans and broccolini are bright green and tender. Add remaining marinade. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the cashews and basil and toss to combine. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Get nutritious recipes
straight into your inbox!
Send your details now to receive Melanie’s recipes designed around a range of dietary needs including improved fertility, weight loss, general heath and wellbeing through improved nutrition. Receive the recipes specific to your needs.